Pomegranate Jewels with Feta Salad
Pomegranates jewels are not just a wonderful contrast to the creamy whiteness of the feta, they are high in vitamin C, potassium, and fibre too. The feta cheese is such a versatile calcium rich food with plentiful bone minerals.
- 2 red peppers
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 200g runner beans or mange tout
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 200g feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Handful torn basil leaves
For the dressing:
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
WHAT TO DO
Heat oven to 180C. Heat the grill to its highest setting. Cut the peppers into quarters, then place them, skin-side up, on a baking sheet. Grill until blackened. Place in a plastic bag, seal, then leave for 5 mins. When cool enough to handle, scrape skins off, discard, then set the peppers aside.
Place the aubergines on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cinnamon, then season well. Roast for 30 mins until golden and softened.
Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. To serve, place the aubergines, green beans, onion and peppers on a large serving plate. Scatter with the feta and pomegranate seeds. Pour the dressing over, then finish with the basil leaves.
IE-CH-975(1) | Date of Preparation January 2023